I can't join because of a GED? UNJUST!
So I went into a recruitment here in Colorado Springs, Colorado with my brother, trying to do the "Buddy System". Army Reserves, that is. The guy assumed we had High School Diplomas. We corrected him that we had GEDs. He said that we can't join unless we have 15credit hours of college, 1 heavy semester. I just think it's really stupid personally.
1) I feel discriminated against. So gay people can join the army now and butt plug other gay guys? But I can't join the army because I have a GED?
2) A GED aka general EQUIVALENT diploma obviously isn't EQUIVALENT or rather equal if I have to do extra shit just to join the army. It would be different if everyone had to have college credits, but no; only GED people. I honestly feel like I'm smarter than the guy I talked to. I mean, there are many people who graduated with nothing but d's and c's and barely passed high school.
3) I got my GED in the 11th grade. So I passed without taking GED courses or reviewing any of the work with flying colors. I still know Geometry and Algebra. But there are people who missed out a lot on school, if not years. I think its more admirable that THEY, themselves went back and took the time to study, and passed for it would show they are willing to learn.
4) If I'm going to go to college, then I'm probably just going to pursue with the degree and make money when I've graduated and NOT join the army. Not to even mention, the rational thinking in that. If I'm smart enough to be accepted into college, I'm not smart enough join the ARMY? How stupid!
5) I am in perfect health. I have no allergies, no handicaps, nothing wrong with me. I am in no trouble with the law
The overall summary is:
I am 19 years old, wanting to serve my country. My grandfather is a WWII veteran, still alive. My uncle who recently died, was a lieutenant-colonel in the Navy. I need discipline. I feel like I have nothing going for me. I am the most miserable kid in this god-forsaken state. I'd kill myself right now if I didn't think hell existed. I need boot camp in my life right now. I want boot camp to change me and mold me. I'm tired of my distorted thinking. I need purpous. I just want to make something of myself, but I'm being held back by a stupid regulation of discrimination. General Equivalent Diploma should be changed to GEBCBUAD- General Equivalent But Can't Be Used Anywhere Diploma. To me, you might as well tell people they can't join the army for being black. I'm a human being damn it. MY LIFE HAS VALUE.
01-05-2011 02:46 PM